Saturday, July 16, 2011

What are some of the better parts of Pittsburgh?

I was looking to move to Pittsburgh and am researching home prices. There seem to be a multitude of larger sized homes for under $50,000. What I want to know is what parts of Pittsburgh are nice and safe? By safe I mean average to lower than average crime levels and good schools. Can I find a home, not a condo, for under $100,000? And when I say a good neighborhood, just because black people live there doesn't mean it's automatically a bad neighborhood. I just don't want the ghetto like you find in downtown LA. And also, how is the job market in Pittsburgh in the finance sector or clerical sector? I was looking at parts like Penn Hills, Swisvalle, Brookline/Beechview, Brentwood and Mt. Oliver. Are these good areas and if so which parts? Thanks for all the input. FYI, I live in Long Beach CA currently in an OK area.

No comments:

Post a Comment