Saturday, July 16, 2011

I can be helpful, but how far will that really get me?

The other day me and my friends went on a series of job interviews at a prestigious chain of Bed and Breakfasts known as "Milfields" all of my friends KILLED on their interviews. They were calm, they answered the questions and were ultimately given jobs. My buddy Hermes got put in charge of the nautical activities that were include with this particular B&B, including the canoe trainer. Miles was given the task of being an on field medic. Matteo was the IT guy. My time in the interview seat was finally there. I froze up. I didn't know what to do or what to say. My voice was cracking, and when the interviewer asked "what can you bring to the table?" all I could respond with was "I can be...helpful". I was told that I would be contacted within a week. It's been 2 weeks, and all of my friends got their callbacks in a matter of days. Should I learn how to be a better interviewer, and go back? Or seek out a different source of employment?

No comments:

Post a Comment